The Annual Debate 2016
The success and impact of our inaugural BCA Annual Debate confirmed this valuable event to be unlike any other in your business calendar. This event is a refreshingly inclusive and engaging experience.
Join the conversation on 20th April and make valuable new connections. You will share perspectives, expertise and experience with other professionals leading the way in developing new and better business in Africa.
Discover relevant information and developments both public and private, across a range of sectors and countries: evolving government policies and potential investment prospects, partnerships, and opportunities for growth. Hear from Arnold Ekpe, Ashish Thakkar, Sir Paul Collier, Mthuli Ncube and a host of leading African experts.
The Annual Debate topics for 2016:
1. African Affluence; keeping pace with your target consumer.
1. How should Africa reduce its power deficit?
1. What does the future of Africa's trade and investment landscape look like?
Who Will Be There?
200 + investors, market leaders and senior decision makers from your sector: government agencies, energy, finance, professional services, logistics, retail and leisure.
Delegates at The Annual Debate will:
- Engage directly with thought leaders, industry experts and entrepreneurs
- Gain invaluable insights into the future of business and investment in Africa
- Share perspectives, expertise and experience with other professionals who are developing new and better business in Africa.
- Enjoy great company and conversation in the historic setting of The Law Society
- Arnold Ekpe, Chairman, Atlas Mara
- Ashish J. Thakkar, Founder of Mara Group, Mara Foundation & Executive of Mara Sokoni
- Dr Carlos Lopes, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Sir Paul Collier CBE, Professor of Economics & Public Policy, Oxford University
- Mthuli Ncube, Professor of Public Policy & Project Leader, Oxford University
- Lanre Akinola, Editor, African Business, IC Publications
- Akosua Annobil, Founder AB2020
- Nicolas Bonnefoy, Partner, Ashurst
- Simon Bransfield-Garth, CEO, Azuri Technologies,
- David Cowan, Managing Director & Africa Ecomist, Citi
- Paul-Harry Aithnard, Group Head Securities & Asset Management, Ecobank
- Dr Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director, LADOL
- Peter Okwoche, Broadcaster, BBC
- Jamal Saghir, Senior Regional Advisor, Africa Region, World Bank
- Ayo Salami, Chief Investment Officer, Duet Africa Funds, Duet Asset Management
- Igho Sanomi, CEO, Talevras
- Jonathan Smithers, President, The Law Society
- Dorothy Tembo, Deputy Executive Director, International Trade Centre
- Geoffrey White, Chief Executive Officer, Africa Agility
RESPONSE TO THE ANNUAL DEBATE 2015
"On behalf of the Financial Times and Analyse Africa, we thank you for organising a very good event and dinner. We look forward to future collaboration and moving forward."
- MIRELA XHOTA - FINANCIAL TIMES, ANALYSE AFRICA
"This was a quality event which kept the audience engaged and wanting more."
-MARK A SMITH, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – AFRICA, TRAVELEX
"We will keep the relationship going between Made In Africa and BCA."
-CHRIS CLEVERLEY, CEO , MADE IN AFRICA FOUNDATION